Code of Conduct
ennis Xperience UK is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members and non-members and believes that it is important that members, coaches and parents/guardians should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
- Respect your opponents and other players in your lessons
- Respect your coach at all times
- Inform your coach if you are going to be away or late
- Always wear suitable attire for lessons/training and events
- Treat all equipment with respect
- Inform your coach of any injuries or illnesses you may have before the warm up begins
- Do not eat, chew gum or use bad language on the courts
- Show good sportsmanship and etiquette at all times
- Always put 100% into your tournaments, preparation and lessons
- Encourage your child to learn the rules of tennis and participate within them
- Discourage challenging/arguing with the coaches/officials.
- Publicly accept the umpires/coaches decisions
- Help your child to recognise good performance, find positive feedback even in defeat.
- Set a good example of recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the good performances of everyone.
- Never force your child to take part.
- Always ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has plenty to drink.
- Keep the club informed if your child is unable to attend sessions or matches.
- Keep your coaches informed of any changes in your child’s health or if they have any injuries.
- Never punish or belittle a child for poor performance or making mistakes.
- Always collect your child promptly at the end ofa session.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their tennis.